10. Princeton backdoors UCLA (1996)
09. Lehigh stuns Duke and Norfolk State upsets Missouri on the same day (2012)
You should always expect the unexpected in the NCAA Tournament, no day proved that statement truer than March 16, 2012 when two No. 15 seeds upset two No. 2 seeds in the first round of the NCAA Tournament. First a fast Lehigh squad (led by CJ McCollum) beat perennial power Duke, then a determined Norfolk State (led by Kyle O’Quinn) shocked Missouri. These two upsets ensured that many a bracket would be busted in 2012.
08. Luke Hancock wins Most Outstanding Player (2013)
07. Bryce Drew lifts Valparaiso over Ole Miss (1998)
06. George Mason makes improbable run to the Final Four (2006)
We all love a good Cinderella story in March, there may not be a better Cinderella story than that of the 2006 George Mason Patriots. The Patriots staged four consecutive upsets over Michigan State, UNC, Wichita State and UCONN en route to the first and only Final Four in school history. This run from George Mason set the stage for the mid-major powers (Butler, VCU, Wichita State) we know and love today.