Channel some Gary Payton vibes in the upcoming Air Jordan 12 Retro ‘University Gold’
The Jordan 12 is the shoe that accompanies maybe the most infamous MJ performance of all time: the Flu Game. Rocking black and red AJ 12s in the 1997 NBA Finals, His Airness played through what was once said to be flu-like symptoms, but is now considered the result of a bad pepperoni pizza the night before Game 5 in Utah.
But Jordan’s 12th signature model, another Tinker Hatfield creation, isn’t just about that game; the design contains multitudes. Hatfield took design cues from a 19th-century women’s dress boot, and the stitching on the upper invokes the rays of the sun inspired by Japan, the Land of the Rising Sun.
It was the first Jordan shoe to utilize Nike’s Zoom Air technology in the outsole, and the last of the line to come packaged in a Nike box.
And 24 years later, the sneaker continues to be the perfect blank canvas for versatile and bold colorways, which you can see in the latest arrival, the Air Jordan 12 Retro ‘University Gold.’
Featuring a black leather upper with the unmistakable reptile-skin feel, the forthcoming AJ12 is adorned by bright University Gold overlays and accents on the tongues, midsoles and outsoles.
The colorway itself has a bright history as well, harking back to the “Away” player edition Gary Payton wore during the 2003-04 season with the Los Angeles Lakers.
The Air Jordan 12 Retro ‘University Gold’ drops 7/24 in full family sizing on FinishLine.com and select stores via mobile app reservation.
How to Purchase
– Available at FinishLine.com or in select stores via mobile app reservation on 7/24.
– To enter for a reservation of the Air Jordan 12 Retro ‘University Gold,’ head to our mobile app. Reservations open on Wednesday, July 15 at 10am EST and will close on Monday, July 20 at 1pm EST.
*Status Members, use your Status Points to redeem extra entries to increase your chances of winning.
– Reserved pairs can be picked up in store
– No pairs will be sold in stores on 7/24, only at FinishLine.com
– To adhere to local social distancing guidelines, we suggest picking up your shoes during designated windows of time:
11am-1pm (last names beginning with A – G)
1pm-3pm (last names beginning with H – M)
3pm-5pm (last names beginning with N – T)
5pm-7pm (last names beginning with U – Z)
We’ve recently partnered with Afterpay. Giving you the option to cop now and pay over time. Take advantage and build the closet of your dreams.