Beat the heat this summer with the Air Jordan 11 Retro Low IE ‘Black Cement’
When legendary designer Tinker Hatfield sketched out the first low-top version of the Air Jordan 11, he had one factor in mind: breathability.
While the iconic high-top version of the AJ 11 (samples of which Michael Jordan had worn during the 1995 NBA postseason) was adorned with that unmistakable patent leather upper, the classy material wasn’t exactly suited for the high temperatures of summer.
To alleviate the literal heat on feet, Hatfield wanted “something that was lighter and easier to wear,” as well as not just a tear-down replica of the high-top 11, but a “refresher.”
What we got was the Air Jordan 11 Low IE, five years before the patent-leather low-top version emerged in 2001, featuring mesh panels for extra airflow and patterned tooling replacing the patent leather.
And now, just in time for the hottest months of 2020, another IE colorway is set to hit shelves in one of Jordan Brand’s most recognizable colorways.
It’s almost a combination of the IE’s two OG colorways: the upper from the Black/Dark Grey-True Red, and the overlay and sock-liner coloring from the White/Light Grey-Cobalt.
Featuring a black full-grain leather upper with the famous Elephant Print overlay, the Air Jordan 11 Retro Low IE ‘Black Cement’ includes a semi-translucent outsole and Fire Red Jumpman logos on the tongue tab and sole.
Stay cool this summer by copping your pair of the Air Jordan 11 Retro Low IE ‘Black Cement’ on 7/16 on Finish Line.com or in select stores via mobile app reservation only.
How to Purchase
– Available at FinishLine.com or in select stores via mobile app reservation on 7/16.
– To enter for a reservation of the Air Jordan 11 Retro Low IE ‘Black Cement,’ head to our mobile app. Reservations open on Thursday, July 2 at 12:30pm EST and will close on Monday, July 6 at 10am EST.
*Status Members, use your Status Points to redeem extra entries to increase your chances of winning.
– Reserved pairs can be picked up in store
– No pairs will be sold in stores on 7/16, only at FinishLine.com
– To adhere to local social distancing guidelines, we suggest picking up your shoes during designated windows of time:
11am-1pm (last names beginning with A – G)
1pm-3pm (last names beginning with H – M)
3pm-5pm (last names beginning with N – T)
5pm-7pm (last names beginning with U – Z)
We’ve recently partnered with Afterpay. Giving you the option to cop now and pay over time. Take advantage and build the closet of your dreams.