Community Voices: Chris Paul, Carmelo Anthony and Dwyane Wade speak on the importance of voting
As a part of our commitment and responsibilities as an ally, we intend to highlight and amplify Black and Brown voices within our community. Each week we will be introducing you to a new guest who will be diving into important topics about the #BlackLivesMatter movement.
This week, we link up with NBA stars Chris Paul and Carmelo Anthony and retired Miami Heat great Dwyane Wade to discuss their efforts in giving back off the court.
- Speak on the relationship between the three of you and how you all came together to form the Social Change Fund?
- With Melo growing up in inner city Baltimore, DWade in Chicago, and CP in Winston-Salem, what experiences did you have during your youth that shaped what you are doing off the court today?
- How did your passion for giving back and serving the community develop?
- What’s the importance of leveraging your platforms to bring awareness to issues affecting the Black and Brown community?
- Talk about the importance of voting, especially in this election year.
- What have the conversations been like between your families, kids, friends, etc around this election year been?
- How important is it for large companies to support voting?
- Tell us about your partnership with Lyft and HBCU Heroes.
- Finish Line donates $250,000 to the Social Change Fund.