Helpful Tips for Buying Jordans on Finishline.com
Looking to cop the new Js? We hear ya…along with 23,232,323 other sneakerheads! Air Jordans are highly sought after and in most cases hard to get your hands on for retail price. So, we want to help you out by giving you some insider information on how to make your release experience on Finishline.com the best possible.
Other Tips for Buying Jordans:
1. Verify with your financial institution that you have the necessary funds available on your credit card to cop your Js.
2. Be sure that the personal info submitted on your order matches the personal info your financial institution has on file.
3. Make sure your billing address and shipping address are the SAME or your order will be denied.
4. To avoid placing multiple holds on your bank account, only submit your order once. If you submit more than once, your bank may take up to 72 hours to release those holds.
5. If you’ve had troubles in the past, consider purchasing a gift card prior to the release to use as your payment type.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- When do the new Retro Jordans release?
- Nearly all of the Retro Jordan shoes will release on Saturdays at 10 a.m. ET (7 a.m. PT). There are always exceptions, and we will do our best to inform you of release times.
- Can I only find/buy the shoes from your Facebook or Twitter link?
- You will be able to find and buy the release shoes with our links or by searching for the shoes on finishline.com. Most of the time there will be a homepage banner you can click on to take you to the product.
- What does the SPA (countdown) page mean? Has the site crashed?
- If you see the SPA page (30 second countdown clock), the site has not crashed. We purposely limit the amount of traffic going to finishline.com on release days to insure that the site doesn’t go down. Wait patiently (or as patiently as possible!) on the SPA page, and you will eventually get in to buy your kicks. Might we suggest checking out the latest articles on the Finish Line Blog in the meantime?
- I put the shoes in my cart, but then got kicked out, and I’m on the SPA page again. Will the shoes still be in my cart?
- As long as the shoes have not sold out, they will still be in your cart, and you will be able to continue to checkout once you get back into the site. Having the shoes in your cart will not reserve them. You must complete the checkout process in order to secure a pair.
- I buy from Finishline.com all the time, but can never buy the Jordan releases due to checkout errors. Why?
- Finishline.com has a fraud protection system that checks to make sure any flagged accounts are not fraudulant purchases. This method can take a few days to complete. Since the Jordans will sell out within a day, the system automatically rejects any accounts flagged as potential fraud. We recommend contacting your financial institution to confirm your account information in order to resolve the issue. In the meantime try the eGift card method in our tips above.
- I received a confirmation email from PayPal but not from Finish Line. Am I good?
- You must receive an order confirmation email from Finish Line in order to be sure you secured a pair of shoes. Once you receive your order confirmation from Finish Line, you’re set!
- How long does it take to get the order confirmation email?
- There isn’t a specific timeframe for when you will receive an order confirmation email, but it should come shortly after you place an order. If email confirmation is not received, check your Spam folder.
***Using these tips does not guarantee a pair of Jordan shoes from finishline.com. They are meant to make your experience on our site the best possible, but availability of Jordan releases are limited and while supplies last.