Classic colors appear in a new combo for this forthcoming Air Jordan 1 retro
With more than 50 years of history under its belt, Nike has built a veritable rainbow of color swatches to draw from.
Those shades have combined for plenty of iconic looks over the years that are as visually recognizable as the sneaker models they find themselves on.
Think of Volt and immediately the OG Air Max 95 comes to mind, but the color has appeared on dozens of Swoosh models over the years.
Same goes for University Gold. We most recently saw this on a very Gary Payton-esque Air Jordan 12 Retro over the summer, but dig through the archives in Beaverton and you’ll find the same tone on many a shoe.
Now, Jumpman is ringing in the new year by combining those two classic colors on an equally timeless model on the Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG ‘Volt Gold.’
According to Jordan Brand itself, the shoe utilizes Volt, University Gold and Sail to “simultaneously pay homage to iterations of the past while creating a new execution” of the AJ1.
Boasting color blocking reminiscent of the 2016 Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG ‘Black Toe,’ we see black overlays over a white upper atop a Sail midsole which matches the laces and tongue.
The eyelet flaps at the collar, dressed in Volt, are detached from the shoe, while the heel counters glow in University Gold. A reversed tongue tag in the same color completes the look.
Start the year off with some brightness when the Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG ‘Volt Gold’ releases in Men’s and Grade School sizing on 1/9 at finishline.com and in stores via mobile app reservation only.
How to Purchase
– Available at FinishLine.com or in select stores via mobile app reservation on 1/9.
– To enter for a reservation of the Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG ‘Volt Gold,’ head to our mobile app on Tuesday, 12/22 at 10am EST. Reservations will close on Wednesday, 12/23 at 4pm EST.
– Reserved pairs can be picked up in store.
– STATUS members, redeem your points for more entries.
– No pairs will be sold in stores on 1/9, only at FinishLine.com
– To adhere to local social distancing guidelines, we suggest picking up your shoes during designated windows of time:
11am-1pm (last names beginning with A – G)
1pm-3pm (last names beginning with H – M)
3pm-5pm (last names beginning with N – T)
5pm-7pm (last names beginning with U – Z)
We’ve recently partnered with Afterpay. Giving you the option to cop now and pay over time. Take advantage and build the closet of your dreams.