Community Voices: Sloane Stephens discusses her foundation’s efforts to empower children
As a part of our commitment and responsibilities as an ally, we intend to highlight and amplify Black and Brown voices within our community. Each week we will be introducing you to a new guest who will be diving into important topics about the #BlackLivesMatter movement.
This week, we link up with tennis star Sloane Stephens to discuss the work the Sloane Stephens Foundation is doing worldwide to empower our youth, and the importance of exercising our democratic right to vote. We ask:
- Speak to your passion for giving back and serving the community and how the Sloane Stephens Foundation came to be?
- How have your experiences as a youth growing up in Florida shaped what you are doing off the tennis court?
- Tell us about the importance of leveraging your platforms to bring awareness to issues affecting the Black and Brown community;
- Speak about the work you have done to support kids through the Sloane Stephens Foundation;
- What’s the importance of voting, especially in this election year?
- Tell us about your relationship with Nike and the sneakers you are wearing off the court.
- Finish Line donates $20,000 to the Sloane Stephens Foundation