Show a little Celtic pride with the latest Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG colorway
April 20, 1986.
Game two of the Eastern Conference first-round series between the Chicago Bulls and the Boston Celtics.
Second-year shooting guard Michael Jordan, already a star in his own right, put the Bulls on his back and did everything but drag his teammates over the line.
But even a then-career-high 63 points on 22-of-41 shooting wasn’t enough to get the Bulls past the Celtics, who went on to win the best-of-5 series in a sweep.
We all know that wasn’t the last we’d see of Michael Jordan in the postseason, and while nothing could possibly erase memories of that night, there’s no harm in a little commemoration now and then, right?
Jordan Brand seems to agree, based on the newest addition to the Air Jordan 1 retro stable.
The AJ1 Retro High OG ‘Lucky Green,’ dropping in Women’s sizing, pays tribute to that fateful night at Boston Garden.
Featuring OG color blocking with namesake Lucky Green overlays, a black Swoosh and red detailing on the Wings logo and tongue tag, the forthcoming retro is perfect for Celtics fans or just those who love NBA history.
And it’s all in the details: The insole features a design replicating the famous parquet floor from Boston’s former arena. You can almost smell Red Auerbach’s victory cigar smoke just looking at it.
Make ’em green with envy when the Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG ‘Lucky Green’ releases at FinishLine.com in Women’s and Big Kids’ sizing on 10/14.
*Preschool and Toddler sizing is available in-store only. Mobile app reservation available in Women’s sizing only.
How to Purchase
– Available at FinishLine.com or in select stores via mobile app reservation on 10/14.
– To enter for a reservation of the Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG ‘Lucky Green’ in Women’s sizing only, head to our mobile app. Reservations open on Tuesday, October 6 at 10 a.m. EST and will close on Thursday, October 8 at 1 p.m. EST.
*Status Members, use your Status Points to redeem extra entries to increase your chances of winning.
– Reserved pairs can be picked up in store.
– No pairs will be sold in stores on 10/14, only at FinishLine.com
– To adhere to local social distancing guidelines, we suggest picking up your shoes during designated windows of time:
11am-1pm (last names beginning with A – G)
1pm-3pm (last names beginning with H – M)
3pm-5pm (last names beginning with N – T)
5pm-7pm (last names beginning with U – Z)